Thor is excited to announce that they’ve partnered with M Group Health to bring access to healthcare in time for open enrollment. Their mission is to bring healthcare to independent contractors, but we didn’t want exclude anyone so they’ve made these plans available to anyone who wants to sign up. Make sure to do it soon if you still need coverage, open enrollment ends December 15. To sign up, go to the M Group site.
Thor continues to bring group-plan health insurance to independent contractors. Currently, they are in the process of forming an Association Health Plan that will allow them to provide group-plan insurance for people with a similar trade or location. They have put together an approximate timeline* for this project and will release future updates.
- Thor completes legal analysis regarding ACA Rule changes
- Thor registers non-profit Association within ERISA, IRS and state rules
- Board is formed and begins drafting of by-laws
- Develop summary plan descriptions
- Draft administrative services agreement
- Thor begins negotiation with insurance companies to underwrite plan and provide coverage
- Thor unveils Thor Care and begins open-enrollment by the November 1, 2019 deadline.
*subject to change depending on legal and regulatory considerations