Sebastian Quinn-Watson to Speak at Blockchain Expo North America

54

Blockchain Speakers Interview Series

The Blockchain Expo conference arrives in Santa Clara on 28-29 November 2018. The conference features notable experts exploring the industries set to be disrupted most by blockchain technology.

Introducing Sebastian Quinn-Watson

Prior to becoming a blockchain investor, Sebastian Quinn-Watson was a corporate lawyer at a global law firm working across merger and acquisition projects in the Asia Pacific region. He set up First point Ventures in 2016, an advisory and investment firm for tech and blockchain companies. Over the course of 2017 they invested in and advised the largest 3 blockchain projects in Australia. Further, they set up first blockchain accelerator within a NASDAQ listed company (jd.com) and advised the first major STO exchange in Asia.

SEE ALSO: Piper Moretti to Speak at Blockchain Expo North America

How will your talk be meaningful for Blockchain Expo attendees?

“Attendees will get an opportunity to explore adoption success cases related to supply chain. I’ll also discuss some recent proof of concepts with the UN and other large corporates. Then I’ll give the audience some details of our investment selection criteria on how we gauge the likelihood of success for projects that rely on token adoption.”

What specific tips or insights will attendees get?

“The blockchain industry is discovering that not all projects were created equal. There have been an number of failures in the market. Some estimate 85% of all projects to date have failed. Of the remaining 15%, our view is that those projects without users will die the fastest. We’ll look across the market with a focus on Asia Pacific and explore area’s where we see the largest opportunity for blockchain projects to get picked up by enterprise clients.”

SEE ALSO: Tiana Laurence to Speak at Blockchain Expo North America

What is date and time of your panel?

“I’ll be speaking on Day 1 at 10:20 AM on the panel for: Products you trust – the role of blockchain in the supply chain – Blockchain for Enterprise Stage – see floorplan here.”

Why did you decide to give this talk?

“I’m delighted to share my views of the wider market conditions for the industry. I hope to assist founders in understanding Asia better and help corporates see case studies of successful adoption of new tech.”

SEE ALSO: Patrick Makedonas to Speak at Blockchain Expo North America

About Blockchain Expo North America

Attendees at Blockchain Expo North America can expect to meet with over 8,000 + like-minded individuals, 400+ exhibitors such as IBM, SAP, Hyperledger, Stratis, Enterprise Ethereum Alliance and Bitfury, in a series of networking opportunities. The Blockchain Expo will also allow you to ask questions to the events 250+ thought leading speakers in Q&A sessions.