What if you decided to promote your ICO by giving away a Lambourghini? Wouldn’t you want to gain as much top-of-mind awareness for your contest as possible?
Most ICO marketing campaigns depend on content marketing tools like a white paper, videos, articles, blog posts, emails and social media to get the message out there to investors. But there’s one type of content that you shouldn’t ignore — press releases.
Not only are they affordable, there are many ways to spin a press release to reach more investors. Here are 10 ways to use press releases to promote your ICO.
Copywriter Wins Lambourghini by Promoting ICO
As much as I wish this were true, it’s just an example of an eye-grabbing headline. Although, I did write another article that helped promote an ICO that is giving away a Lambourghini and I haven’t given up hope of winning it yet.
While you’ll never make your ICO successful with press releases alone, they’re a powerful way to boost top-of-mind awareness. Here are 10 press release angles to jack your marketing results on Google News, Reddit and other ICO news sites.
1. New Product or Service
You’ve invented a better mousetrap, but no one is beating a path to your door. What did you expect? You need to get the news out there about your new product or service. This press release angle should answer the following questions:
- What motivated you to create it?
- Who is your target audience?
- How does the product solve their problem?
- What are features and benefits?
- How is your product different and better?
2. New Blog or Website
If you’ve launched an ICO there’s little doubt you have a website. However, it may be more than just an information site and it may contain unique features and benefits. Or, it may be a portal with unique content users can access. This press release angle should answer the following questions:
- Who is your target audience?
- Why is it a solution for your target audience?
- What are the features and benefits of the new site?
- Why is it better than other blogs or websites on the market?
- Why was this website launched?
3. Product Enhancement
As any successful CEO will tell you, creating a new product is only the first step in an ongoing process. You must continually build on your successes with improvements based on user feedback. This press release angle should answer the following questions:
- How does this change benefit your target audience?
- Why did your company make these enhancements?
- What problem does this solve?
- How will the new features work?
- Why does these changes support your industry leadership?
4. Upcoming Event
One of the most powerful ways to promote your ICO is with live events. This could include tradeshows, exclusive ICO conferences or even an AMA (Ask Me Anything) Event on Reddit. This press release angle should answer the following questions:
- Why does this event mean for your target audience?
- What will someone gain from attending the event?
- Why did you decide to take part in (or host) the event?
- What do you hope to achieve?
- What is the location, date, and time of the event?
5. Publication of New Content
If you want to hold a successful ICO, then bounty programs and other promotions will only take you so far. What really moves the needle is a fire hose of compelling content including a solid White paper, Audio, Videos, articles and blogs to reach out to potential investors. This press release angle can be used to promote your content by answering the following questions:
- What motivated you to create the content?
- How does content help solve the target market’s problem?
- What will someone be able to do after reading the content?
- How will the reader benefit?
- What are some specific features of the content (number of pages, length of time, etc.)
- How can someone get the content? (e.g. website url)
6. Award or Accolade Announcement
Not only does winning an award make you feel great, it’s a great credibility booster. And it has news value, too. But you need to promote your award or it’ll just gather dust on your bookshelf. Here’s how you can use this press release angle to get the most out of winning an award.
- Who won the award and who gave the award?
- What is the significance of the award?
- What did you do to win the award?
- What does winning this award mean to you?
- How will you winning this award benefit your target audience?
7. Contest Announcement
So after reading this article you’ve decided to give away a Lambourghini, right! If are running a campaign like this then you should be promoting it like a bat out of hell. Here’s some questions a press release can answer for contest participants.
- What can people win?
- Who’s giving the award and who’s eligible to win?
- How can you enter and what do you have to do to win?
- When will the winner be announced?
- What motivated you to give out this award?
- How this contest makes you unique?
- Where can people find the content details? (e.g. website url)?
8. Promotion or Sale Announcement (Presale, ICO)
You’ve developed a ground-breaking product, prepared meticulously to launch your ICO and now the time has come for the millions to roll in. But wait, all you can hear are crickets! You must use press releases to promote your Presale event and ICO. Here are some of the key questions your press release should answer:
- What is the date of the Presale or ICO?
- What is the duration and discount offered?
- How will your target audience benefit?
- How can an investor get sent a reminder notification?
- What are the specific steps to buying your tokens?
9. New Strategic Partnership
You might think your investors or end users don’t care about who your company partners with. While it may not be their biggest priority, they do care about what is in it for them. Here’s some questions you can answer to use this press release angle to promote your ICO:
- How will this partnership benefit your target audience in the future?
- How will your expertise make this partnership a success?
- How will your partner’s expertise make it a success?
- How do you expect this partnership will grow in the future?
- How will the partnership increase your commitment to your target audience?
10. New Team Hire
Besides your product idea an essential factor that investors will consider is the team behind your ICO. After all, it’s brains that make money. Why not give people more reasons to invest in your ICO by promoting the strengths of your team members? Here are some questions you can answer in this press release angle:
- What is being added to your team?
- What is their history?
- What are their qualifications?
- What value will they add for your target audience?
- Why are they the ideal choice for this role?
Start Rockin’ Your ICO with Compelling Press Releases
Press releases are the workhorse of content marketing. Not only are they affordable, there are many angles you can use to build top-of-mind awareness for your ICO. Why wouldn’t you use them all?
The more press releases you publish the more buzz you generate. And don’t worry, you don’t have to give away a Lambourghini to succeed with your press releases — but it’ll help!
About the Author
Derek Little specializes in writing copy and content for ICOs. This includes white papers, case studies, articles, blogs, press releases, email marketing and Social Media Marketing through his SMM support team. In addition, he organizes AMA Events for ICOs on Reddit.com. Hire him to write your next press release and he’ll post it on his ICO listing website at BlockchainTrailblazers.com — for Free.